Thursday, September 1, 2011

4 Years Ago Today


Four years ago today...right about this time I believe...I was walking down the aisle to my awesome husband to be!

Here we are four years later...and I'm so stinking happy for that man in my life.

This year we grew...a lot. Things changed in our life:
We found out we were pregnant
We had a sweet baby boy
We sold our house
We moved into an apartment
I stopped working full-time..and became a stay-at-home mommy/one-day-a-week nurse
We decided to move to Taylor, Texas

It has been a year of stretching and learning...but also of laughter and joy. What an amazing year it has been. I definitely think this has been my favorite year! Here's my list of what we've learned this year.

1. Having a baby has totally changed our marriage...but in a good way. We've learned it's important to prioritize our time together...or we can go days without really catching up with each other.

2. Brad was meant to be a dad. And he's amazing at it. Noah adores him!

3. Brad works so hard for our family. I have found this to be even more true as time goes on. He has made it possible for me to stay at home to be with Noah...but also to have the joy of one day a week at the hospital. Brad goes in every day without a single complaint..and comes home with a smile and ready to love on his wife and son. How thankful we both are when Brad walks through the door at night.

4. Brad has grown so much in his walk with Christ this past year...it has been SUCH a challenge to me. Sometimes the beauty of the work that God is doing in Brad's heart - brings to light the ugliness of my sin when I'm not walking as I should. I'm so thankful for Brad who is helping to lead me as Christ led the Church.

5. We still love to laugh together. He cracks me up. He is silly and goofy and sometimes I think he might be crazy :) but it's awesome.

6. We're doing fantasy football this year in a co-ed league. (Nope this isn't something I learned...just truth) I WILL BEAT HIM.

7. We really know each other. You'd think that would be obvious..being married and all. But I mean...Brad just knows..he knows when I need a hug, when I need to laugh, when it's ok to tease, when it would be better not to. He knows when my crazy is out on display..and when he should reign that crazy in. I love it.

8. The man has a thing for bags. For real. Bags and flip flops. He could almost ALWAYS be convinced they are a necessity. There are worse things he could love I guess. But it cracks me up. Every year...for Christmas...that's all he can come up with for what he wants..some sort of bag..and some sort of sandal. I love it.

9. I've learned that sometimes it's ok to put the crazy compulsive behaviors in the closet for a bit so that we can enjoy time together as a family. It is SO worth it!

10. I learned that just because I know how to occasionally sew a few straight lines..Brad thinks I can sew anything. A common question in our house..."You could probably just make that right" and if I say no..he responds with "You could probably look it up online" Hahaha I love his confidence in me...but I mean really...my skills are EXTREMELY minimal. But I sure do love that he supports me being crafty.

And this year...a special treat..probably more for me and our memories than anyone reading. But I'll blog them anyway so I don't forget. I asked Brad what he learned this year...he said (and I quote)
"I think having a child helped me appreciate and love you more."
and
"Also a house is less important than getting to come home and enjoy you both everyday."

It's official. He rocks.

There it is. My sappy post for one of my favorite days every year! Looking forward to year five and all it has in store!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Love, Love, Love It!!!! Happy Anniversary, you guys! Sorry I didn't send a card, but I love you, ALL!!!