Thursday, January 19, 2012

11 Months Old!

One big sweet boy turned 11 months old this week!

I just can't handle the fact that it has already been almost a year.

I hate to say it...but it truly feels like we delivered him last week.

So much so that when I walk through the baby department I get really sad and teary when I realize he can't fit in the "baby" clothes anymore. Or when I think about the fact that in about a month he will no longer need me for nutrition. Or when he giggles at something like he understands and I realize that my precious little baby is getting big. Oh boy do I have tears often. Happy tears.

I kinda cheated this month and already updated a couple of posts ago about what he's learned...but for my own memory here we go again!

Learned to wave...he waves at anyone and everyone. If you look his way he will wave. My heart breaks for him when he's waving at someone who doesn't see him and doesn't wave back. Hahaha I always feel like it must just be so sad for him. (Mind you- he doesn't care...he moves on to the next person to wave at)

Dances when I ask him if he wants to dance. Wiggles his little body from side to side. ADORABLE.

Signs for more..but lately has been stubborn and won't do it.

Had croup, pneumonia, and this just in - his highest fever ever. Yuck. Rough Month.

First Christmas. So sweet! Which I can finally post pictures of now because I fixed them on the computer.

Spent time with all his family.

Started rocking out nap times! This has made our days so much better.

Loves to swing at the park.

Likes to be in on a joke..if someone is laughing Noah will start all out giggling right along with them and then look for approval. He especially does this after Brad is teasing me and starts laughing..Noah has to get in on it too. I am already feeling outnumbered.

Had his first full day of a babysitter that wasn't family/or close-as-family friend last Friday. Oh let me just tell you that was ROUGH on this mama...but she is WONDERFUL, and Noah did great.

Really loves to play with empty cups. Seriously. Best. Toy. Ever.

Plastic balls too. He has a couple of toys that have balls and he just carries those things around all day.

Really seems to understand more what I say during the day. As in dance, more, yes, no, uh-uh.

He has realized that if he pounds his hands on his high chair his cheerios will bounce right off of it onto the carpet. He thinks that's hilarious.

He actively plays peek-a-boo. So cute! The other morning he got up early nursed and when he was done he pulled up the blanket and started playing peek-a-boo. Oh this boy.

Still doesn't want to walk on his own. But cruises all over the place and uses his walker with such pride.

Has discovered he can open cabinets - so I have discovered our apartment is NOT child proof. We'll be addressing this over the next week.

Wrestles with his puppies.

Really he'll wrestle with anyone who will wrestle back.

Not interested in a sippy cup. I bought 2 more different kinds tonight (these are #3 and 4) to give a shot to. He will eventually need to be drinking from a sippy cup, and well currently he's just not doing it. We have one available all the time..but he just looks at it. So hopefully one of these will work.

Really loves big kid food. I'll be ready to get rid of baby food completely...but then again it is SUPER easy.

I'm sure there's more but I won't put you through it! :) This month this mama's goal is to get to work on some sensory things and just spending our time wisely together enjoying time outside and learning through the day.

Hard to believe next month it will be a whole stinking year. Wow.

We didn't take many pictures this month..except for Christmas as he was sicky most of the month. Here are some fun ones..there will be more from Christmas later.
First SNOW!!
With sweet Nora. He loves her. We know it.
Opening up his Christmas gifts from Mama and Dada.
Helping Mama cook dinner.

Playing with his new toy from Christmas.
Have a great week!

1 comment:

jen said...

so cute :) abbey also had no interested in a sippy cup-i tried so many but she finally liked the straw ones. they are annoying b/c they all leak somehow but it's still the only cup she will drink out of and she's 2. she didn't figure it out until about 12.5 mths though so don't panic yet :)