Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Oops.

My pictures are broken (or corrupt as says my computer) so no Christmas pictures until I reload those.

Also. Our baby has been sick, so no 11 Month picture, so no 11 month update yet.

He's on the mend..so it's coming.

But guess what I did tonight.

Noah has been sick AGAIN. (I mean seriously.) Also, I use the term sick loosely - our sweet boy is not sick in a way that some babies are sick, and we are so blessed in that!

However...boy did have a fever this week. Let's clarify...from Saturday morning at 6am he ran >101 non-stop until this morning.

He peaked at 103.8. Can't lie...I don't get too nervous with fevers..but I began to panic a bit when he hit 103.5 after motrin at 3am. You'd be amazed the things you can google.

He's ok though.

Took him to the doctor- he literally tested negative for everything. RSV, Strep, Flu (A&B), even his white count was normal. So I am very thankful for that.

Turns out..just a virus. But our sweet pediatrician called three times in the last two days just to check on Noah. (This was validation for my crazy by the way. I figure if the doctor himself calls three times to check he must be worried too.)

Anyways..we've been fever free since he woke up this morning..but at about 1000 tonight I went to check on him and I was CERTAIN he had a fever.

I told Brad to check him and see what he thought..Brad checked and said "No way he has a fever. Not at all."

To which I very confidently and smugly replied..."You'll be sorry at 3am when his temp is 105."

Then we dropped it.

Then I (OF COURSE) had to bring it up again and said "What are you going to give me if I'm right?"

So Brad said "Do you really think he has a fever? Go wake him up and check it."

Me: "No way, you made me feel dumb I'm not waking him up now." (So rational)

Brad: "You always err on the side of caution...why wouldn't you get him?"

Me: "Fine. I bet it's at LEAST 101. Seriously." Note: I definitely thought it was at least 102...only verbalized 101...you know just in case I overshot.

So we checked it.

97.6.

Then I couldn't look Brad in the eye, because I was embarrassed. He very kindly and graciously did not say "I told you so."

Good move dear husband. Good move.

I'm a delight to be married to.

Have a great night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Annabel just had ask something too. It was Roseola. Blah. Hope he feels better soon!