Sunday, February 12, 2012

I'm feeling sentimental.

Oh this week.

I keep crying.

Good tears.

But I mean, I thought I cried a lot before, and then this week happened and I realized I was wrong. I cry a lot now.

Driving to church this morning crying.
Thinking back to last year at this time and crying.
Looking at my sweet little almost one year old cuddling me, and tearing up.

Oh how we love him.

And oh my goodness it's already been a year.

I remember this time last year like it was yesterday. All the fears and insecurities of "how on earth will we ever be parents?" "how will our marriage ever be the same?" "what have we gotten ourselves into?" "what the heck will labor be like?"

SO many questions.

And then he came. And he was perfect. And we loved him more than we could even imagine the second we laid eyes on him.

That's what's on my mind this week.

That and the crazy dream I had today. I woke up from the dream (after what was apparently an intense nap)- looked at Brad in all seriousness and said "OH no I think I'm supposed to be in a wedding today. It starts at 5:45!" Brad laughed at me. But then I said ..."No seriously, didn't I go to a rehearsal yesterday?"

Nope.

One year later and I haven't gotten my pre-baby brain back. It could come on back any day. That would be ok with me.

Have a great week! We will! We're celebrating a precious little man turning one on Wednesday.

OH! And most importantly...a Very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sweet Nana today! We love you so much.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I know how you feel! I was like that last year at this time... can't believe how fast it goes. :)