Tuesday, February 21, 2012

ONE YEAR OLD!!!

Oh how crazy it is that our Noah is ONE YEAR OLD! Whoa. Whoa whoa whoa. That's all. But so stinking awesome!
Noah turned a year old last Wednesday, and we celebrated in a big ol' way as we previously mentioned..hanging with doctors and at the hospital. I think Noah is going to be a doctor..I think that's why he wanted to hang there. That sweet little man LOVES to have his heart/lungs listened to. Which I just find so funny because his daddy also does, and his Mama and his two grandmama's are nurses. He sits and stares and watches while they listen to him like he just loves it. If he sees my stethoscope laying around the house then he picks it up and takes it with him everywhere. Funny kid.

So after a LONG week...we are finally over the RSV I think...at least mainly. He still has a cough, and the stinking ear infection that he landed because of the RSV is still bothering him so we had to change up his antibiotic, but we're getting there. If I could kick the stinking bug we'd really be rockin' over here!

His stats from his big one year doctor's visit:
Height: 29 1/4" - 90th Percentile
Weight: 23lb 10oz -60-65th Percentile
Head Circ: 47.5 cm - 75th Percentile

Growing big and strong.

Here's what he's doing now that he's a whole year old. Now that we've officially entered TODDLER stage.

Waves bye-bye
Blows kisses
Says Go-go, Mama (only occasionally), and Dada. That's it so far
(making a cake for Daddy's birthday)

Mimics sounds as I try to teach him. I feel like I have so much to learn as a mama as to how to teach him new things. But we work on things every day, and hopefully something is sticking. :)

Cruises around our furniture like he owns the place

Jumps up and down in his bed when he's excited

Has recently started giving hugs when we see him for the first time- such as after a babysitter, or working, or a nap. It's SO sweet. He doesn't do it if you ask him for a hug, but it's like he genuinely missed you when he sees you and squeezes EXTRA hard when you pick him up. MELTS MY HEART.

Has recently gotten very cuddly. I love this.

13 steps today! I think we can officially call him a walker. ALMOST. He's a walker who isn't really interested in walking. He can do it, he just very much prefers to crawl. But we've been walking outside this week and he's been loving it. I'm super excited for him, he has a huge grin on his face when he's doing it. So precious.

(Finger painting for the first time)

Only nursing once a day now. We recently dropped that night time feeding because it had become painful for one of us. (Guess which one) So we're doing bottles with milk at night. And while I know that giving him a bottle probably isn't the best choice, it's currently the only choice. Boy will NOT drink from a cup. Every time I think I've landed one that works he changes his mind. Last night at dinner we cut a straw short and put it in his cup and he loved that. Tried it today - pushed it away the ENTIRE day. I mean seriously. We have to come up with something though because one of us is running out of milk, and one of us is stubborn and won't drink anything else. Thus the bottle of milk. Picking our battles here. :)
Still loves to dance. I mean it may be my favorite thing he does. (I realize there are many of those- totally in love over here) The music turns on and he starts to wiggle. Today he stole my phone and managed to turn on Pandora, Beyonce's "Single Ladies" came on and and he started to boogie. Until he realized we were watching, and that was over.
His favorite game to play is to drop things on the floor. Just about drives me crazy. I'm learning to let it go. Today as we were walking through Target he had a little bucket in his hand, looked at me, locked eyes with me, held his hand over the side and bam. Dropped it on the floor. Then smiled. Until he realized I wasn't giving it back - then threw a bit of a fit.

Speaking of those- when my sweet precious baby begins to throw a tantrum I am at a loss for how to discipline that. We're trying to be consistent. We're trying to teach him the gospel even now, but it's hard to word discipline for a 1 year old that brings the gospel to his level. But it's definitely not too early to be trying I know and believe that, because he clearly understands what I say much of the day so I think it's important to be trying. It's also very difficult at times not to laugh. Like tonight at dinner- I'm trying to feed him and he keeps either spitting it out or pushing the spoon away. Not while throwing a fit, just because he wanted to, and all I can think is "this is hilarious" but it's not- I can't teach him that. So we're working on it. Balance, balance.

LOVES big boy food. New favorite thing is blueberries. He loves those. And cheese-totally gets that from me.
(Shaving cream paint- he did not love this. He DID love turning the shower on on his mama. Thought that was great)

He got this toy for Christmas, it's an octopus, that hides these little balls under his shoes. Noah loves it. Today I was feeding a bottle to our friends' little man, and I look over and Noah has his octopus flipped upside down trying to fish out the ball. So funny.

Plays "catch." He loves when we toss the little balls to him and he actually tries to throw them back. Very cool.

Has recently become very mischievous with Vaseline. Three different times he has found the container and broken into it. Don't think it's because we leave it laying around, we don't, he just finds it. Every time. However, it's stored in a more protected way now.

I'm sure there's more..but it would probably just be rambling for my own good. :)

Have a great week! Both of our parents are coming and we're having a little party and we're dedicating Noah this weekend at church, so we're pretty pumped!

No comments: