Thursday, February 9, 2012

Random.

So I need to actually blog something...but I also need to clean the house...so that will win. But some random thoughts for you on this fine Thursday morning:

I went to the grocery store three days in a row this week. Day 1: Groceries. Day 2: To pick up the two packs of stamps that I bought but left there. (Which they kindly gave to me even though I didn't have my receipt.) Day 3: I forgot when I bought the groceries that we were in charge of dinner for small group, and were taking friends who recently had a baby a meal tonight- so I had to go back to get groceries for that. Oh my good stinking gracious.

Guess what I forgot. Still. In all those trips. Dish detergent. So my amazing husband went this morning for me to get that. He rocks.

I did CPR this week for the first time at work. For the first time in 4 1/2 years as a nurse. I gotta tell you, I have never been so shaky as when I was standing in the room alone (for all of thirty seconds that felt like FOREVER). But more importantly..for the rest of the day while I paged the doctor every single hour- no joke- or hunted him down in the hospital -for real- I was a nurse, and I loved it. I love having to use my mind, and being so perplexed I have to stand and look at the monitor and try to figure out what to do next. I am so very thankful that when I have to leave my little man for 12 hours at a time (15 on that particular day) that I get to go to a job that I love, and do the work that the Lord has called me to. I am thankful.

Noah, I believe, is finally back to his normal self and sleeping all the way through the night. No more 3 or 4 am play dates. Oh I am thankful for that. Poor little man...I think that maybe he was hungry. How mean are we?! I noticed because while Noah and I were in Lafayette last week he slept every single morning until at least 7am if not later, and I thought YAY!! Then we came back home and he was back to waking up at 3 or 4 am; one night Brad got up 5 times with him. What on earth?! So I was trying to figure out what was different and BAM! While we were in Indiana he ate zero baby food. He also ate bigger meals, and snacks in between. Back at home we hadn't fed him as much, and we don't do a lot of snacks. Well...Tuesday I told Brad I thought that was the problem so we did snacks through the day and a more filling meal and YAY we're back through the night. Every day this week until at least 6:30. AMAZING. I'm so happy. I feel terrible that our poor little guy was hungry..but we're still buds so I guess he's forgiven us. I guess I'm still learning to be a mama.

Noah cracks me up. He is trying more and more to mimic what we say. Precious.

Our kitchen is quite a bit smaller than the kitchen in the house. So one of the things we've done to clear up cabinet space is to put kitchen appliances along the top of the kitchen cabinets for storage. (It drives me nuts but it works) Well I wanted to shred some chicken with our Kitchen Aid mixer (thank you PINTEREST for that idea) so I had to climb up and haul that heavy thing down...well then after I was finished and went to put it back up trouble started. I turned the stool backwards to how I normal use it, so when I stepped down off the counter onto the stool, I then missed the step down and fell down onto the tile floor and into the kitchen island. I have a nasty bruise, and my arm feel like I got punched. Hard. Whoops.

I also walked into the desk at Nana and Papa's last week twice, and now I have a big ol' bruise on my hip from that. Good job.

We are going on our very first OVERNIGHT date in a year on Friday. Our very first time away from Noah for a whole night...I'm a little tearful just thinking about it. The only time I am ever away from Noah is while I'm working and that just about kills me. So goodness. However...I am SO excited to hang out with my sweet husband for a night on the town. We are going to see Wicked (YAY!!), and then just stay downtown. Our sweet friends Cal and Kassi are going to stay here with out little man. WE are so very thankful for our friends who LOVE on our sweet man.

Both of our parents are coming celebrate Noah's birthday with us at his party. I am so excited! We're going to have a red wagon party, and the sweet Mullins fam is hosting for us. Thankful!

On the news this morning they reported about a study that said if you eat dessert for breakfast you are more likely to lose weight and keep it off because your cravings are kept in check throughout the day. I hope that's true because I've eaten cookie cake every day this week for breakfast. Realistically- I get that it's probably a total lie...but as I was eating my cookie cake I was thinking "HECK YES!"

I think that's about it for now! Have a great day!

No comments: