Thursday, January 23, 2014

10 Months!!!



Our beautiful little lady turned 10 months old last week.  Oh my goodness I adore her.  I am WAY WAY behind on her milestones...so I'll write them out here.  Someday they may just make it into her calendar/baby book.  

Stands up and cruises on EVERYTHING

Pushes toys/stools/chairs everywhere she can

She has a new smile that I can't - for the life of me- get on camera.  But it is a sweet little squinty eyed smile when she's extra happy.  It's adorable.

Is so funny when trying to get her to take a nap.  If she isn't ready she throws everything out of her crib and then sits there in the corner of her crib.  She cracks a huge smile when I walk into the room.  It's like this funny little game we play.  We do this at least one nap every day. She just cracks me up.

But she's a dream to get to bed at night. We nurse. She goes to bed. Just like that. No muss no fuss.  

Don't get me wrong...because while she's the easiest thing to get to sleep...she is not great at sleeping out of her element.  Noah, by this time, was sleeping anywhere and everywhere. Closets/Pack'n'plays/guest rooms...he was not picky.  Abby rebels against that. She doesn't love having to share a room with anyone. To be fair..the last time she had to do so I was sick and kept coughing her awake.  So hopefully it will be better next time we try.

LOVES Noah.  As previously mentioned. But she will follow him everywhere. She loves when he does something funny...and promptly rewards him with lots of giggles.

LOVES bath time with Noah.  They splash and laugh and are just hilarious.

Says mama and dada

Recently seems to be nodding occasionally to my questions..so cute

Waves ...kinda.

Still two naps a day. But mama does not love when she chooses her early nap to be her longest nap.

Just now starting to be interested in food other than nursing.  She goes in spurts where she'll down to packets of pureed food but then complete push those away and eat only what I'm eating.  The last two days she has downed soup I have made.

A little tiny thing.  I haven't weighed her recently.  But at her 9 month appointment she didn't even weigh 17 lbs.  

She is great at playing by herself. We'll see if this lasts.  

She's just so wonderful.  The perfect 4th member of our family.  

No comments: