Monday, January 13, 2014

I just don't want to forget

These days are long.

But short...so very short.

Every day that goes by I realize more and more that we have these sweet babies in our care for such a short time!

That makes me a little a whole heck of a lot sad.

But man am I thankful for them.

Yesterday...Noah and Brad made breakfast in bed for the three of us. Sweet Abbs was still sleeping.  (Noah has recently taken to waking up at 5:30 am since we started potty training)

Anyways..while we were eating breakfast, Noah plops himself into my lap, gave me a kiss, and looks at Brad and says "Hey Daddy, I love you"

Just out of nowhere...completely unprompted.

The kid is just amazing.  He is so sweet, so tenderhearted, a total maniac, a crazy little destructor that I absolutely adore.

And Abby...sweet Abby.  She is getting so FUN! She's adorable, super happy, loves her brother, perks up and gets super chipper the second her daddy walks in the room, wants mama often and always if she is sad.  She likes her some music. She gets a huge smile and dances when there is music on.

I just adore them.

Just so many memories.

Sometimes though...I forget to cherish the small moments.  I'm working on it, actively.  I'm working on keeping the phone upstairs during the day so I'm not wasting precious time with them. We've done fewer social things lately - partly because of weather, partly because we just needed some quality time. I'm working on making memories with the kids, putting down my to-do list and just stopping to cuddle when the kiddos need it.

But somewhere in the 5:30 wake up calls, the baby deciding she wants to be held rather than nap, the toddler who throws silly fits for no reason, the colds that won't quit, the random fevers, the poopy diapers, the being peed on constantly while potty training..I just forget the joy.

I forget that God has given me the priceless gift of raising these sweet ones with Brad.

I forget to enjoy all the amazingness of these children.

I want to remember these moments.

I want to remember that we have the best privilege of our life in raising these children. We get to teach them, love them, pray for them, show them Jesus' love.  I'm just so thankful.

That's it...I just want not to wish away these days.