Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year...Back to the blog!

Oh my good gracious.  I haven't blogged since Abby was 4 months old.  BREAK MY HEART.

I'm a terrible scrapbooker..so this is where I keep memories to go back and fill things out.

But, it turns out....being a mama of two makes blogging a bit more difficult.  I have written many...but not finished them...so here we are 5 months later.

Since I last posted...

Abby turned 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 months old.  She's perfect.  She has a sweet little mellow personality.  She knows where she is comfortable..and makes it known.  She is EVERYWHERE.  I feel we'll have to baby proof more thoroughly this time around.  Noah was curious...but wanted to hang with me. He never was one to get into cabinets or anything.  Abby on the other hand...if it's just us at home...she's quite the little wanderer.  I find her everywhere...silently investigating everything she can get her hands on.  This smells like trouble...but the best kind.

Noah is almost 3.  THREE! Are you kidding me?  We have entered into a bit of a difficult stage as he has QUITE the opinions of so many things...but also..he's perfect. So crazy and loud, but also sweet and tender. He makes us laugh all the time. He is feisty and smart.  He loves his baby sister like I had hoped he would. I just love it!

We bought a house. We love it.  It's a home.  We're SLOWLY making it ours.  I say slowly because we have many an unfinished project around here.  But not due to laziness. I'm slow with decisions...so poor Brad doesn't know where to start.  On the books for the upcoming weeks/months: finish insulating the garage, paint the rest of the downstairs, hang curtains/blinds, pictures actually on the walls, maybe a patio out back, and begin the finishing of the basement.  But we love this little place we call home.

First Thanksgiving and Christmas as a family of four.  Perfection.

First Christmas in our new house.  Just exactly what we hoped it would be.

First house guests.  We've had Mom and Dad, Carl and Rosemary, the Peterson fam, Sarah and Phil and the girls, the Mehaffie fam, and the Sunnenberg fam.  I feel like I'm forgetting someone but what it comes down to is we love to have people stay with us.

In 2014 we are planning to head back to Austin in May, I can't even tell you how excited I am to go. I still miss Austin so much..and the people we love there..so I'm super excited for May! No babies on the horizon for us this year. Just loving these two we have and still figuring out being a family of four.  Hopefully we'll make lots of fun memories this year!

That's it for tonight! Easing back into the blog world.  Have a great night!

No comments: