Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Visits and Turkey

Last week Sarah, Phil, and Emily came to join us here in sunny Texas. Unfortunately, they didn't get to experience the awesomeness of Austin, due to time crunch and schedules, but it was still a fantastic visit! Sarah and Emily stayed with us on Thursday night, and Phil joined us on Friday. We did get to introduce them to Chuy's...and who doesn't love that?! Sarah and I were able to enjoy some shopping and girly movies. It was pretty nice to just hang out. Poor Brad had to work almost the whole time, but he made the most of the time he was awake to join in the fun!

Emily just amazed us! She talks so much! We couldn't believe how much she's grown and how smart she is. I mean I may be a little biased, but really. She knows all these words. She now says my name, Brad's name, Nemo, monkey, love you....on and on and on. She's like a little parrot, I love it! She suckered me into buying her a monkey from Kohls because she grabbed on and wouldn't let go. Apparently Nana and Mom always tell her the monkey has to sleep, but I wasn't that bold. Hahaha oh well, Christmas gift for the sweet girl. Here are some pictures, please try to ignore my frazzled look, it was early, and I haven't quite adjusted to sleeping regularly at night yet.





All this to say, we LOVED having them here. We would also LOVE LOVE LOVE them to move here, but we'll survive I suppose. Come back you three! Bring that baking baby once she's joined us in the world too! Can't wait for niece #2!

In other news, we're on the same schedule! It's Wednesday, and we are just now starting our week! I mean, it will not be super fun, four 12-hour shifts in a row. However, we'll be on the SAME TIME SCHEDULE! We've noticed we can get so much more down now because we don't have to work around the other's sleep schedule. It's amazing.

This week, I tackled my very first turkey. It started out a little gross, with Brad laughing and taking pictures, but that's ok...we've captured the moment. See below.








The turkey even turned out successfully! It may look a little crispy, but it was actually really juicy, and SO much easier than I thought it would be! Now I know that when Carl and Rosemary come we can have a tasty turkey for our Thanksgiving dinner. Next experiment will be some sort of pie, hopefully! Woo!

All for now. Hope you're having a fantastic week!

3 comments:

LauraSuz said...

Nice first turkey! I made my first turkey a couple weeks ago too...it was fun!

Ellen said...

I am so proud of you for cooking a turkey that looks that nice :) im sure it tasted goo too! miss you!

Ryan and Jessica said...

We hope you two have a wonderful Thanksgiving! We got to catch up with Brad's parents a few weekends ago when we were home and they brought us up to speed on the two of you :) Miss you two. Will you be in Springfield over Christmas?