Thursday, December 30, 2010

Crazy Chaos

We had a great Christmas..it was wonderful! then it was back to the grind this week for work..and then back to trying to get things done.

Today the Christmas tree is going to have to come down...sad story I love the Christmas tree being up!

However..while I'm in here working on the Christmas tree...sweet Brad is out in the garage working on the baby's furniture! Yay! I bought the stain and paint today. I CAN'T wait for it to all be done because I think the two dressers are going to look AWESOME! There is this blog younghouselove.com and I have found the inspiration off there. I had told Brad we could just paint the dressers white..but then changed my mind and asked if we could do what they did in the nursery instead. He agreed. He's such a great man!

We're working to get into a birthing class next week..nothing like cutting it close.

I told one of the doctors I work with that I am hoping to go without an epidural..due to a completely irrational fear of epidurals...to which he replied "I don't know why anyone would choose to do that but whatever suits you." Thanks.

I am 34 weeks tomorrow.

Whoa.

I started hearts this week! I so far have been in on two...but we only counted the second one. I was SUPER nervous but everything went well and by the time I went home last night my patient was talking and happily stable. I was stinking pumped! No hearts tomorrow on the schedule..so I have at least four more to orient on before I'll be on my own..but it's awesome!

Wish I had some funny stories for you..too much going to through my crazy brain to be funny. Except every day I find new bruises on me because I run into everything with my big belly and wide hips. That is pretty funny.

That's all I have..hope you have a great week!

1 comment:

jen said...

i'm sure you get all kinds of opinions on the epidural but i will say i didn't even feel it. all i felt were the non-stop contractions and if they didn't have me sit up to get the epidural i wouldn't have even known they'd given it to me. sure made my 16+ hrs of labor more tolerable :) but definitely do what feels right for you. i also realize there are other concerns related to epidurals other than the way the needle might feel!