Tuesday, June 7, 2011

one year ago today.

Maybe the best day ever. Or I mean...I guess wedding day and the day Noah was actually born might take the cake for that...but this was I guess the coolest feeling ever day. One year ago today...this little man here....
He was this.


All day I just kept looking at Noah. And I think whoa..that was a year ago? A year ago our life changed? We no longer were two but three? No longer could I eat lunch meat cold or all the soft cheese I wanted? No longer did I have the insane amount of energy I was used to? No longer was my body just one person..it was growing a tiny little human. No longer would I walk into rooms at the hospital fearless about what might be in that room..now I felt like I needed to scrub extra hard..be extra careful..consider that it wasn't just me I was taking care of there.

Basically..a year ago. I realized that I was responsible for another human being. Not that I wasn't responsible to Brad before that..I mean I was..but now this tiny little human was going to depend on us. It's changed me. For the better, I hope.

Also..in my previous post..I forgot to mention..Nana went home today!! She's home from rehab in her own bed with Papa there. She still has work ahead..but she's home! I can't wait to see them all in June!

Also..random note...currently I have Grey's Anatomy on in the background - yep I watch it..please don't judge me - but anyways..I see a lot of myself in Christin. Scary. I actually just heard her say "Have you met me?" (In a sarcastic way) I say that to Brad on a weekly basis. Weird.

That's it. Noah is sleeping...so this girl is just sitting on the couch. Sitting. I haven't done that in quite awhile. Have a great night!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

this made me tear up...p.s. i always say i hate christina, but i secretly think i am like her a little bit too...i think it is the blunt honesty and competitiveness (sp?), which you have a little of too! :)

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Hi, Rach ~ Love all of your blogs. I am sooo glad Nana is home!!!! I was so scared for a while there; but God is good and he answers prayers! Sometimes we don't like the answers, but in this case I am so happy for Nana and Papa! Thanks for letting me know. I was sad to hear that you were selling the house you put so much work into, but onward and upward!!! Love and Brad hugs to you all!!!