Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Our Last Week.


He's gone crazy. We're having so much fun!

Last week I was bummed - Noah was fussy and sad and had an ugly virus - and this made me sad.

Enter Sunday - POOF - we have our sweet, happy, content baby back. Thank goodness.

Starting Sunday we introduced some solid foods into our little man's world. And he has taken to it like CRAZY. We started with just plain rice cereal with some breastmilk. Then Sunday evening we started with bananas. The first day he made this face...I have a picture. It was pretty cute. Like he wasn't sure what the heck we were doing here. But by today he is ROCKING it out. Flies himself right through his food. He currently LOVES his high chair. As soon as you put him in it he starts lifting his arms up and down with a big smile and then he sits so still when you feed him. It's awesome. I realize that this won't always be the case but we sure are enjoying it while it lasts. But score one for the bananas because he loved it.

Also this week he decided he wanted to start trying to crawl. He actually got up on his hands and knees. He's goes back down before he moves..but oh my goodness he's almost there. CRAZY. I don't quite know how to handle a crawling, eating baby. I see now what people mean when they say "it goes so fast." They aren't kidding.

Here are some pictures! And videos if they'll load.

These three have nothing to do with the food..but the other day I put Noah in the laundry basket to pull him around the room in it. He was sitting in the front and loving it. But then he stood up...
And this happened. Which looked a little more like a face plant from which he looked up with this smile! (I actually have an action shot of the fall because my hand was on the button as I tried to save him from the crash-how thankful I was for this smile)
So we tried again..this time in the back of the basket, sitting. He was happy as a clam. Practicing in his big highchair. We have tried that sippy cup with some water...it isn't happening. It's a bit difficult..so we'll put that one away until he's a smidge older. But he's cute when he puts it in his mouth and gums at it.


Noah's first morning of cereal. This is the face that was cracking us up. He doesn't really make it anymore...he gets really excited when he knows food is coming.
I set him up to get pictures of his little onesie..but this picture happened and I LOVE it.
Waiting patiently for daddy to give him his first taste of bananas
They love each other.
And videos..he really does like this now..you can't tell from the videos. :)

First feeding:


First Bananas:


Here he is on the move:

3 comments:

Preston,Courtney, Callie, Addison and Finn said...

Great videos and pics!!!! They really made me smile and giggle. He is looking more like his Momma!!!! So happy for you guys and the fun that is ahead.

Anonymous said...

Love them! Keep them coming!!! Love you guys!

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Sorry, Rach ~ my finger slipped, so new name is Anonymous :o)