Tuesday, March 6, 2012

P-A-R-T-Y!

So someone we know had a birthday...so we threw him a little party! It was so fun! The sweet Mullins' fam let us take over their home for the afternoon as our place is a little on the smaller side, and we had a great time! Both Brad and my parents were able to be here for the weekend..and Noah LOVED having his grandparents here to party with. It was so much fun to have everyone here...we look forward to the next time y'all come that we'll have a house so we can all stay in one place! :)



We did a red wagon "theme" although it really turned out to just be a blue/red theme, with a red wagon that the kiddos were pulled around in all day. (total hit there!) Brad and I decided (really I decided and Brad went with it) to make Noah a little red wagon cake ourselves for him to break into. Dad baked it for me on Friday because I was working and knew I would just be beat when I got home from work. After I got home, I made some icing up and we cut that little cake up, shaped it, and iced it. I was so proud. I'm NOT a baker, or an artist. That is for sure. So I was super proud of our work. Brad and my parents admitted they had their doubts- they didn't understand how I planned to make it into a wagon- so I was glad it turned out!

But then, we sang to sweet Noah at the party and he didn't want anything to do with the cake. He looked at it and put his finger on it, and made this face like he was so distraught that we were asking him to eat something like that. :) Oh well. He took a few bites of it later and then tried to steal my cupcake away from me later on. So I guess he lived.


Anyways it was so cool to celebrate our little man. I feel like I still haven't grasped that Noah is one. But we are LOVING it! He has taken off again in the development department.

Since turning one he has:
Started walking like a maniac (although we fall a lot and have more bumps and bruises than we had)
Holds the phone up to his ear like he's trying to talk on it
Recognizes more and more who you are talking to him about. When you ask him where someone is he'll look at them. (Such as where's daddy?) Before he just looked at me like I was crazy.
Has gotten super attached to Brad. When Brad goes into the bathroom for a shower in the morning if Noah sees him, he loses it. When Brad left earlier today to run an errand..Noah stood at the door and cried. I gotta be honest I was a little jealous..but it was SUPER sweet.
Really is understanding how things work more and more- and will work at something to figure it out until he's gotten it. It's amazing watching his mind work
Drinking more the sippy cup
Helping feed himself. He can't get the food on the fork/spoon but if i get it on there he'll feed himself. Bibs have become ultra important.

So we're having a blast! Hope you're having a great week! Maybe someday I'll post about something other than our little guy...we'll see. :)

No comments: