Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Alright.

So I have a little bit of time, so I'm going to write one on the rest of our life, in bullet points.
  • House Situation: We're still in the apartment. We're both ready to be done with it. The apartment itself is great. Living with the LOUD music above us, and our neighbor's fighting at 5am and waking us up, and the toys that are overtaking us in our little space...we're just ready. We have been on hold on the house hunt after a discouraging fall of not finding any. So far we put an offer on one, didn't have time to make an offer on one before it sold, and had to decide the money wasn't worth it on another we liked. There are plenty that I do like- which of course are out of the price range we want to land in. So we had a heart to heart, and are going back at it with open minds and hearts. We aren't completely against leasing a house if we don't find one to buy, but we are most definitely moving to Taylor by June, and we will be in a house not an apartment. That's what we have decided. So Saturday we're out to try again, and we're really hoping one of the homes will be the one!
  • Work: My job has been INSANE lately. Our hospital is so full, and we've had some really sick sad cases lately...so it's been tough. 3 of my last 4 shifts I clocked out at 8:30 or later. R-O-U-G-H. (My shift ends at 6:30) I'm so thankful that I'm only working the one day a week, because I feel for my coworkers that are working full time..I know they are just exhausted. Brad's company is in a time of transition and we're excited to see what's to come there.
  • Life: We are currently in the process of getting our license for foster care. If y'all remember we started this process back in 2010, but took a break when we found out we were going to have little man joining us. Well the classes started again in January, and we felt it was time. We're pretty pumped because we're both on the same page for the first time about this. So currently we're working on our home study, we have a home visit scheduled to go over what all needs to be done to get it ready to pass the home study, and our classes are all finished up. Hopefully by sometime this summer (all this kinda depends on where we're living) we'll be opening up our home to kiddos. We still don't know exactly what it will look like for us. We don't really feel ready to take a child older than Noah, and the idea of adding another younger than him makes me nervous. However, I know that's just a fear response..because I know we can do it, and I know this is where we're being called. So I'm super excited.

I know there is more...but I need to be done with this for the night. I'm working on getting into bed at a decent hour so that I have more energy during the day for our little guy. Plus the grocery calls my name early in the am. Have a great night!

1 comment:

jen said...

thanks! we are buying in south austin-off davis/mopac ish. we still have to wait for the financing to go through so i'm a little hesitant to get too excited. but like you, i am looking forward to getting out of the apartment. hauling 2 kids up and down stairs just to get into our home is getting to be old :)