Friday, March 30, 2012

Who needs sleep.

Not this girl. Apparently.

Noah's barium swallow study is in the morning (not a scope we found out- so glad!) and I can't sleep. I'm not really nervous, it's much less invasive now that I know it's not a scope. But I think I'mostly nervous that it won't show anything. I would really just like some answers.

Or even more than that, I would LOVE to take him to the doctor and have him say "he's normal" for once. :)

But yesterday when Dr. Caldwell and I had our morning chat (seriously who talks to the pediatrician every morning when their kiddo seems as healthy as ours), but while were chatting I asked if there was anyway this is just how little man breathes and maybe this is all his normal. The doctor kindly informed me we have to stay focused because this is not normal and we need to figure it out. Bummer.

So if you think of it be praying for our little guy tomorrow. Please pray that it will all just be reflux and nothing more serious. Or that I'd this doesn't show answers that the Lord will guide these doctors to a diagnosis quickly if there is something going on. (I would totally be cool with hearing- "we don't know why but he's just a fast breather, nothing to be worried about!") It seems so silly to do all these tests when he seems to be fine on a day to day basis, but if two different doctors are concerned I'm going to trust them, and we're going to do whatever they ask. :)

Thanks yall! Have a great night!

2 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa said...

OK Rach ~ I'm praying right now! I know that you doing everything you should, and that your wonderful doctors will finally come up with a diagnosis/plan of action, that will finally settle all of this! Keep us posted. Love you, Brad, and Little Man!

Noah's Dad said...

Hi!

We have a son named Noah as well, and he also had a swallow study. I came across your site as I was doing some searching online. Here's the link to when our son had his swallow study done.

http://noahsdad.com/swallow-study/

You guys keep rocking !:)