Friday, March 9, 2012

A good doctor.

I am so so so thankful for Noah's pediatrician. He is awesome. I've mentioned it before. But he's just great.

Noah has been ROCKED by RSV. He was diagnosed Feb 13th, and we are still fighting off symptoms. It has been rough. We've been to the doctor like once a week for the last month, and today we had to go again. Noah was again breathing in the 60-80 breaths/minute range today, and our doctor decided he wanted Noah to see a pulmonologist, and he wanted him to see one today.

So that AWESOME man called one...and made it clear he wanted Noah seen today. Well they were super busy and overbooked apparently today, but because of the way Dr. Caldwell advocated for Noah he got us in today. The on-call doctor left the hospital to see us at an office where no other kiddos were even seen today. Just us.

AMAZING.

I am so very thankful for a doctor who takes the time to care for our little man so well. It's just phenomenal.

I'm also super thankful to have seen a pulmonologist. It looks like it's all still symptoms remaining from the RSV...and he wrote us some prescriptions and he thinks after this weekend Noah should really be feeling better...but he also told me that it looks like little man could be at risk for asthma. He thinks a month from now..if we come off the steroids and sweet boy starts wheezing again that he will most likely score himself the diagnosis of asthma. Isn't that fun? I really hope that we'll see some results soon, but either way we're so thankful for awesome doctors. Both of them. The pulmonologist took such care to listen and get the whole picture and history correctly, and the fact that Dr. Caldwell is so amazing. I'm thankful.

2 stories from today:
1. I had to go to this tiny pharmacy in Pflugerville to get a nebulizer for Noah's medd. Hello small town they knew the other customers by name, and the pharmacist himself walked me out to the car so I didn't have to carry the nebulizer and Noah. I love Texas.

2. Noah and I were at to doctor ALL day. And mama had to tinkle. So I had to take Noah with me. Well he was walking around the bathroom and I was getting ready to wash my hands and BAM face plant. Noah started screaming and there was blood on the floor and then he was crying so it was on the sink and the mirror, and I'm trying not to cry for feeling like a failure of a mother while hugging sweet Noah. Blood on both of us. So I got us all cleaned up and then went back to the office so embarrassed. Hahahahah. All is well. I still can't tell what was even bleeding on Noah. He doesnt even have a bump on his lip. He very quickly recovered. But let me tell you...it was a day!

No comments: