Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sweet Baby Showers

So over the past few weeks we've been able to celebrate new babies and kiddos coming into our friends' lives! It's been so fun!

First, a few weeks back we had a shower for Aaron and Shauna to celebrate them and their foster care certification.


Check out their blog to read more about that. So we were super excited to have a day to just enjoy together and get them *sorta* prepared for kiddos. We love these two and the hearts that they have! The two children that have been placed with them are precious, and it's been amazing to watch as the Mullins have become parents literally overnight. They're doing an AMAZING job! It's amazing to see how God works! So seriously..check their blog. (P.S. Miss Shauna now you'll have to update more often..you know in your spare time!) Pictures below...








Today we were able to celebrate with Marisol, Vicente, and Melina Duran the coming of baby Camila! She's due to arrive in September and we're so excited to meet her! The Duran's are in our small group and we just love them! We're so thankful they came into our lives two years ago! You guys rock! We're so excited to watch them raise a precious baby, they are an amazing example of following Christ! All the ladies in our small group helped with Melina and it was a special day! More pictures...







Then...my SWEET husband finished out the flooring and has started the massive painting job he has ahead of him.
*For the record..I have offered to help because I have heard that you can paint if you're pregnant...but Brad has banned me from this. There's part of me that thinks he's using my pregnancy to keep me out of the way...kidding only kidding.*

Anyways..so he has done a great job! We found a paint color for the trim that we liked after only ONE sample! If you know us...you know this is PROGRESS!! It helps that two of Brad's awesome coworkers are painters. For the office color it only took 6 samples..and it was sample #3 that we went with! I kinda like it so much I want to paint the rest of the house in the color...obviously this won't happen. So we have some more paint hunting to do. Anyways..Brad tackled the trim in the office, he now realized that he has to paint the rest of the trim in the house so that's fun for him. (NOTE: I did realize this before and asked if we could have someone paint it for us....he said yes...but I'm not sure we were on the same page because when he "realized" we have to paint the whole house he said "Oh, whoa, that will be way to expensive." So I guess I still need to work on communication) Either way..it's going to get done and we're going to LOVE it! Now...I don't usually like to post pictures before it's completed...but I've been talking it up so I better post. We still have some more work to do like paint the hallway, and some more furniture for the office, and a rug - but we're on our way.





And that's it..until next time.

No comments: