Monday, August 2, 2010

What we've been up to...

We've been super busy but I'm thankful for that. The summer has been awesome! I feel like we've been all over the place, but at the same time we've been able to have some serious quality time with friends and each other and that has been so great! Recently, we've been working on the house. We had made a list of the things we still wanted to do to the house about a month before we found out about the baby (by we I kinda mean me) and had decided we would work on knocking things out over the summer.

Well then we found out about the baby...(wooo!!!)...and that put a little bit more of a rush on the plan to get things done. So..thus far we have landscaped a little bit out front and this weekend Brad (with the assistance of Aaron and Dave) put in pergo flooring down our hallway and into our office. I'm so very excited about that! The one thing I made Brad promise when we moved in here was that we could replace the carpet before we had kiddos. Well, we also love the floors that we already had..and decided to just rip out the nasty carpet down the hall and in the office and put in the laminate there. Later on our list is replacing the rest of the carpet with new carpet. Yay!



So here are some pictures of our weekend and of our awesome friends who helped us! It started on Friday night when the Mullins came down and Shauna made us all dinner, and Aaron and Brad worked on the floors. When I came home from work Shauna and I watched Julie and Julia, I LOVE that movie!! Dinner was delicious and we so appreciated their help! Saturday Brad knocked out a lot of the hallway on his own...so proud of him!! Then, Sunday after Brad and I grabbed lunch with Tom and Shannen, we headed home and Dave and Aaron again headed over to help! Kathrin and Shauna knocked out some serious organizing at the Mullin's house...I bailed on them because I'm a loser and I took a 2 hour nap while everyone else worked. Then the girls came down and we hung out while the men almost completely finished laying the floors. So we're not all the way down..but already I know I'm going to LOVE it! Here you go Mom!

Here are some before shots of the carpet...


And the craziness of our house right now...if you know me..you know I'm going CRAZY!

Our office has taken over the front room...This is my contribution to the mess...I showed Shauna all my crafty ideas..and just left them laying there..REBEL!

Some during shots...

Dave was busy waiting on those two to figure that part out..
And some afters...remember we aren't quite done yet. We still need transitions and quarter round, and then we have to paint the hallway and the office, and have someone paint the trim. Lots to do!

That's it for now! Sorry it's late Mom!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

the floors and landscaping look very nice! P.S. I got a chance to watch Julie and Julia while Ryan was at a bachelor party a few weeks ago and I LOVE IT! I think I may start a 2nd career as a chef...

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site bradandrach.blogspot.com
Is this possible?