Monday, January 24, 2011

2nd post of the day - random thoughts.

So this is how my brain works now.

The speed bumps in Texas are ridiculous. Like seriously. They aren't gentle...they abuse cars..and they place them every 10 feet in parking lots. Crazy.

I try really hard not to buy cookies/chips things like this for snacks when I go to the grocery store. Basically because I'll eat them if they're in the house. (This isn't a pregnancy thing..this is an always thing.) Today though, I bought fig newtons and cookies!

I have rediscovered a love for raw bisquick with water, so basically biscuit dough. Gross? You may think so but I love it.

I went to the gym with Brad last night and had some pain in the bottom of my belly...I REALLY hope this means that the little man is trying to get into place. If he doesn't get there soon we have to talk options other than natural..and I don't want to do that.

I'm not sure I can physically handle 3 more weeks of work. I've had the last week off the floor, and it's been wonderful. I love my job..but I'm exhausted at the end of these 12 hour days. It's also been insane there lately..and last week I worked a 15 hour day.

Truthfully 3 more weeks only means 9 more shifts. You'd think that would be totally possible, but with not sleeping all that well...it makes it a bit difficult.

Speaking of sleeping...it seems that baby boy likes me to stay up until at least midnight every night. I have found that my nesting takes place between 9 and midnight. That's when I feel like I have to finish everything right now. That doesn't necessarily mean I do it..but it's when I feel the most inspired.

I don't know if I mentioned this in a previous blog...at 36 weeks..baby boy was already measuring in at a whopping 6lb 7 oz. Which means he'll most likely be in the 8 1/2lb range. He feels HUGE to me. All of a sudden I feel like he's so very apparent no matter where he is in my belly. There is definitely no extra room in there. That's ok though..we want him to be chunky!

I make fun recipes sometimes...they usually only last for one meal. Even if they're delicious I tend to not make things twice. You can imagine this makes life difficult when you try to plan meals and things like this. Silly right? I do make spaghetti occasionally. Part of the problem..I could totally eat cereal every day of the week for dinner. I am really going to work hard at this when Noah comes so we'll actually have a schedule. Mainly for budget purposes..and then once he is eating real food he'll have some variety to his diet.

People like to give advice..sometimes when it's not asked for. Today the clerk at HEB told me that it's always better not to have kids close together..and then went on to tell me it's better to go back to work. She told me then all you have to do is put them to sleep when you get home. Really? I thought she might be kidding..but I don't think so. I smiled and left a little disturbed.

Brad's on his way home now...so I need to go make dinner. Spaghetti. Surprise. Made with turkey instead of hamburger. That's the twist. Brad likes it better that way. :)

Have a great night!

No comments: