Thursday, January 6, 2011

My first DIY for the nursery!

No pictures...still. So if you happen to be reading this Luke..I know that makes this boring but they're coming. :)

But I found material today to make this...
http://www.younghouselove.com/2010/03/nursery-progress-skirting-the-issue/

I'm super excited to try it! The crib skirt that came with the bedding is a little too long for our super low profile crib..it looks a little sloppy. So I think we'll use that for something else fun in the room..though I'm not sure what yet, but I decided to give this little jewel a try. I'm all about the new sewing part even though I love to sew...I'm not exactly awesome at it so anything that is fixable I like. Either way..I'm excited to see how it turns out. Once it does...then there will be pictures!

Also, I have to say I'm super thankful for a low profile crib..because I can't reach babies in the real sized one. I'm just too short. Hahaha. Oh well.

The furniture should get finished this weekend..and if that really happens then by next week we should have it put together! YAY!!!

Had our 35th week appointment this week. When they asked how he was moving, I told our doctor that Noah was pretty mellow today (as in not kicking all that much), which is NOT the thing to say at the 35th week, so we had a non-stress test today, which thankfully he passed with flying colors. I am so thankful for a doctor who is thorough and yet so calm about things. We both were a little worried today when he wasn't kicking me very much, and then his heartbeat was a little slower than normal when we listened to it at the beginning of the appointment. Apparently little man was just sleepy..as soon as the stress test started he was moving all over the place and his little heart sped up just like it was supposed too. Show off. :) It was awesome to listen to his heart for 20 minutes though!

Next week we have an ultrasound and I CAN'T WAIT!! I have been telling everyone I feel like baby boy is going to be big, but I think that maybe I'm measuring small. Brad and I both got the feeling that's what the doctor was saying when he measured me, but we all were talking and he got mid-sentence and then I think we switched topics. I figure though he must not have been that worried, plus we'll find out more at the ultrasound next week. Maybe I'm just too relaxed. Which isn't exactly my style.

I don't think I've mentioned how much we love our new doctor. We are so incredibly thankful that he was available when we had to switch. We both VERY much loved our old doctor and were sad to leave her, but after meeting with this one we just feel so very at peace about the whole thing. He loves the Lord first and foremost, and he is just so open and welcoming. After our first appointment he prayed with us over the pregnancy, the delivery, and that the Lord would call Noah to himself. How AMAZING to pray with your doctor over your unborn child that he will come to know the salvation of Christ. AWESOME. We walked out of there so excited. He also is very relaxed about everything when it comes to the birth. Brad and I both are pretty laid back about it all...our birth plan is the following:
Try to go without an epidural.
If unable...get an epidural.
Get Noah out of me and into the world safely.

That's it. We're very detailed obviously. But Dr. Garza is ok with that. We talked about c-section and likelihood of that and all that jazz..but basically we're all in agreement..if we can stray from that and inducing then we will..if there is any evidence Noah is in distress..then that boy is coming out in whatever way is safest. Game on.

So basically...how amazing is God's provision? We think He is AWESOME.

That's it.

Have a great night!

1 comment:

Beth H said...

Sounds like you have a great doctor! And how exciting to have all the details coming together. Can't wait to see pictures of that little guy!