Monday, January 24, 2011

3 weeks and counting.

That's right..were already at 37 weeks. WHAT?! It's just crazy how fast these weeks and months have passed! WE finished organizing the nursery this weekend...I'm so excited! We hung the cute little mirrors last night, but we are going to finish hanging the last two pieces on the wall and then we're done! Done...that's just crazy! Which is perfect because then we can enjoy just spending time together for the last three weeks. All that's left once the nursery is done is to finish out organizing the kitchen so we have room for baby things, and then we're pretty much set. We have the pack'n'play up and ready in our room, the swing is up in the living room, the little bouncy seat in his room. I mean...seriously...we're ready! I'm so excited!

A blog post will come either tonight or tomorrow depending on what time we finish it out. You know me and my freak organization I can't stand to have pictures up of the room when it's not finished. Ridiculous. I'm aware.

This week sweet Brad turned 28. We had a great time celebrating! He headed to Houston on his actual birthday for work so I just made him dinner here at home that night. Friday we went out for a sushi date at our favorite sushi restaurant, Uchi. Now..let me explain. I don't really like sushi, at all. Raw fish is just disturbing to me. HOWEVER..this place is phenomenal. We went here a few years ago for Brad's birthday and we liked it so much we still talk about it. This time I of course only ate cooked items, but I told Brad I can't wait to go back again and try it when I can eat the raw sushi again just to make sure it's as good as I remember. Either way it was great, Brad loved it, and our waiter gave us our dessert for free. AWESOME. Then Saturday we went out to dinner with friends. Who doesn't love a three day birthday celebration?

So since this always seems to be baby associated...I'm going to switch it up and spend a blog about this husband of mine. 28 reasons why I'm thankful for Brad Allison.


1. He loves Jesus. He grows more and more each day toward becoming like Christ, and it's so encouraging to me to do the same. I love it.

2. He makes me laugh. All the time. He's a big huge goofball and I think that's amazing.

3. He is handy to have around. In the past year he has refinished our floors, painted trim, painted rooms in our house, refinished the landscaping, helped me put together all sorts of crazy things...pretty much anything we need done he tries to find a way to do it.

4. He loves kiddos. I think it's so neat watching him interact with our friends kiddos or our nieces.

5. He's going to be such a good dad! He's so excited for Noah. Watching him get excited gets me even more excited. I love when he tells me how much time we have left..like he has a little countdown going on too!

6. He understands me. He knows when I need to cry, laugh, talk, be quiet, play, be serious. He just knows, and he always responds perfectly.

7. Sometimes in this crazy pregnant brain of mine...I get so jumbled up with my emotions I need to just cry. Like a lot. I've had two episodes of this in almost 9 months...so I consider myself not so crazy...but still. It's happened. And this sweet guy just sat there and held me..until I laughed at my insanity..and then he laughed with me.

8. He has a servant's heart. He wants to help everyone.

9. He has an unbelievable amount of random knowledge. It is amazing. But I sure do learn a lot from him.

10. That guy could talk football for hours. Literally. It's actually kinda fun. I enjoy trying to learn facts so that I can try to keep up with him.

11. He listens to me ramble on and on about nursing. Sometimes I have to process the things my brain goes through..and he really helps me do that.

12. He is a faithful friend. We both struggle at communication. We're not good at emailing or calling people that are on our hearts...but he is a faithful friend. He cares so much for the people in his life.

13. He would give me steak any day. It's almost as if I'm the man in the relationship..you know..like the way to a man is through his stomach. That's me..even when I'm not pregnant.

14. He helped me be crafty for Noah's room. He always has good solutions when I'm frustrated. Last night I was trying to cover letters for his room, it was an epic fail. He sat here with me and tried to come up with a plan.

15. Sometimes he watched girly movies with me. Just because he's sweet like that.

16. He talks about Noah all the time. He puts his hand on my belly and gets this huge smile. It's one of the most special things we've ever shared.

17. He leads me..even when I don't want him to.

18. He likes to play cards. It doesn't matter with who or where..that guy loves to play cards. He would do anything to do so. It cracks me up.

19. He makes jokes that make me uncomfortable. Just because he thinks it's funny.

20. Since I've been pregnant, I've realized that he worries about me more than I think. Like for example...he barely lets me drive his car because he doesn't trust it. That car is fine by the way. No problem there, but it makes him feel better if I don't drive it often. (Except I am today.) Or when we talk about the baby coming..the idea of a c-section is not a comfortable discussion with him. I forget that just because surgery and things like that don't scare me for me...the idea of me in surgery makes him very uncomfortable. If it were the other way around I'd be crazy....but I forget he might feel the same way.

21. He is a family guy. Family is so important to him.

22. He is awesome to go on trips and vacations with. He knows how to make them so fun! Although he's already planned lots of trips in the next year he wants to take..and I keep saying I think we'll have to wait and see. :)

23. We talked the other day about parenting...some of the things we'll come across as Noah or other kiddos get older...things we hadn't talked about before. It was awesome. So exciting to plan and prepare for what our life is going to be like.

24. Every day I wake up and realize how thankful I am for him. I feel like as time goes on our marriage just continues to grow more and more. I LOVE that.

25. He thinks a fist bump is always appropriate. Even in the doctors office. :) Come on that's hilarious.

26. He goes to every doctors appointment with me. He asks questions, and he holds me hand, and he is invested in every part of this.

27. He went to the preparation for childbirth class alone without me for the first hour because I couldn't get out of work on time. He wasn't freaked out, and he even had opinions. I LOVE it!

28. He just rocks. Our life together is better than I ever imagined...I'm so thankful for a God of details who created this man for me.

That's it for now..be prepared..pictures are coming! I'm so excited!

No comments: