Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring Forward.

So tonight is daylight savings. I'm not a big fan of this normally. Since I grew up in Indiana I LOVED that we never had to deal with changing the time twice a year. When I was at Olivet I adapted..but I remember being SO confused the first time. I didn't understand how the time just changed. It was crazy.

This year we have a newborn. So let's be honest..we don't sleep that much. We are blessed with a good sleeper. This precious little man sleeps really well, but still he's a newborn...so sleeping well is kind pf relative. Anyways, we're currently on a nice "schedule" where he nurses last at 10/10:30ish and usually doesn't wake back up until 2:30. Then once we go back down we make it until 5:30/6ish he wakes up again. So really...I'm incredible thankful for that.

HOWEVER..tonight is daylight savings.

So I am not thankful for the fact that tonight we lose an additional hour of sleep. Not my favorite thing ever. I will be thankful for the extra sunshine I know..but for tonight...I'm kinda dreading it.

I say this..but it's not like I don't take naps with him during the day. I totally do. Often.

That's it for tonight. Need to go to bed so I can make up for that lost hour.

Have a great weekend! Don't forget to change your clocks.

No comments: