Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Week 2.

Since that's how we roll now...basically because it's amazing how fast time flies now that there is a child involved. It's fascinating to me how long it takes me to get out of the house.

Like today..Noah did AWESOME last night. We nursed at 10:30 last night, Brad laid him down because I was feeling pretty weakly last night, and then he didn't get up until 3:30. Seriously. So Noah and I had a date, and he laid back down until Brad brought him to me around 7:15 when he was getting ready to leave for work. So I felt great after he nursed this morning. I came right out and got him ready to go, but then we had to eat breakfast of course, and get a shower, and get Noah ready, and then of course it was time to eat again. So we nursed, and then Mom and I got ready to heady out the door..but of course we had tinkled through our outfit so we had to change again. It was 11:30 before we got out the door. Poor Mom must get so tired of waiting on us. I just can't believe how time goes so quickly while I move so slowly. It's hilarious.

Here's another funny story. Today Brad forgot his lunch, so we decided we would run it down to him. While we were there my car battery died. Which is unfortunate since it JUST got out of the shop for repairs for the last two weeks. So thankfully Mom and Dad have Triple A, so we called and they are able to bring a battery and change it all out and you get a six year warranty. Well while we're waiting with our hood pumped in Brad's office parking lot, I decided to run with Brad's car to grab Mom and I some lunch (poor Dad was at home doing slave labor painting trim for us). Lunch was delicious..but Noah had a big ol' poo so I changed him in the trunk. Classy. Then we ate lunch in our car. I mean we looked soooo cool. So then the guy came to fix our car..and of course it was time to nurse. So Brad let me go in an empty room in the office to nurse, and he went to grab my credit card to pay for the battery..which I of course left at the taco place. Ridiculous. Then I looked at Noah and said "Noah I'm not sure this day could get much worse." To which he IMMEDIATELY responded with another big ol' poo. That's our boy.
So I changed him in the trunk again. Then we finally headed on our way for the rest of the day. It's funny how life changes, but Rox you're right, I would NEVER change it for anything! This child and every crazy moment makes me smile every day. It's amazing.

Brad's been back at work but he comes home and thankfully Noah has some awake time right around the time he gets home. I'm so glad for that so Brad can get some daddy/son time in. I just LOVE that!

Mom and Dad have to leave on Friday. I'm so sad I don't want them to go yet. It's hard to believe we don't live close to either set of our parents. We think Brad's parents will be able to come back in March so he'll have some Mimi and Grandpa Bud time then, and then we're heading back to Indiana for Easter. Sarah comes on Saturday, and word on the street is Uncle Luke may get to come meet him sometime soon. Manders is coming too. We're so thankful for company and help!

I had to go to the doctor yesterday, and I stopped in to see Dr. Garza. We were talking about Noah, and he said something along the lines of how amazing God's grace is, and the amazing display of that in this child. It brought me to tears. Seriously. I look at Noah and I just think of all the details that God put into creating him. It really makes it so very clear to us how important it is to pray that the Lord will call him to himself. Whoa.

Oh and for two week stats. Our little man is 9lb1oz. and 22" long.
(He was 7lb14oz when we went home from the hospital. Already gained a pound in 2 weeks)
PORKER!

And now for pictures..because that's the best part! Actually I'll do just a picture post for that.

No comments: