Thursday, May 12, 2011

FOUND!!! and other random thoughts.

Guess what!!!

A few years ago...either my senior year of college or the year Brad and I were married, my great grandmother, Grandma Roth, gave me the last necklace Grandpa Roth gave her before he passed away. It was so very precious to me!

Then one time...I believe last Christmas..maybe last Thanksgiving..maybe August of '09 after El got married - at some point when I was back in Indiana, I couldn't find that precious necklace when we got back to Texas. I couldn't find it anywhere. I was devastated. I just KNEW it was in our closet, or in my carry on, or in a suitcase...I KNEW IT! But seriously. I couldn't find it anywhere. I don't know if you are aware of how many times I have organized the closet in the last year but it's ALOT because while pregnant I was even more compulsive then normal . So many times I have searched through those bags. NOTHING.

A few weeks ago I moved Brad's clothes to the other side of the closet..and then yesterday this is what he sent me...


MY NECKLACE! My sweet necklace from my sweet grandmother..he found it! I knew I didn't lose it! Hanging on one of the racks in our closet, up against the wall. It's probably been there forever! What a blessing that it didn't fall and get sucked into the vacuum, or lost when we replaced the carpet, or caught in clothes and lost wherever it happened to fall. It's found!! I'm so excited. I can't wait to put it on as soon as I get back to Texas!

Also. I hate leaving Brad. Hate is a strong word..but that's how I feel. Noah and I came home for Nana's surgery...I wouldn't miss that for anything..but I sure wish Brad could be here with us.

Nana is amazing. She made it through her knee replacement surgery, and she's doing well. I sure wish I could be here to help her and Papa once she gets home.

I went back to work on Mothers' Day. Who does that? Who chooses to work their first Mother's Day? But oh how thankful I am for my amazing husband. He brought Noah up to see me at work, and made chocolate covered strawberries for my coworkers and me. He's so precious to me. I may have teared up multiple times during the day but I made it through. It was good to be back, I really do love my job. It was NOT fun trying to learn the computer charting. I think I'll get it and be thankful for it..but I felt like I was fumbling through the day.

Let's talk for a minute about the changes while I was gone:
New scrubs (No big deal obviously)
New charting
New ordering system
New flowsheets
New charge system
New places of ALL of our supplies
New plans for construction at the hospital?

OH MY WORD.

Thank goodness that my coworkers were AMAZING on Sunday. They helped me so much..and didn't make me feel dumb since I had forgotten how to do everything! It felt like I was a graduate RN all over again. Whoa.

Anyways. It was good to be back. I can enjoy it for one day a week I think!

Straws make a drink for me. I will not drink out of a cup in public without a straw because it feels dirty! I LOVE straws. I go to Mcdonald's for diet cokes because of the big huge straws! But I go to the Igloo in Lafayette because of the teeny tiny straws! I'm sure that a diet vanilla coke would taste good anywhere..but NEVER as good as the Igloo because of the amazing straws!

Our baby turns three months old on Sunday. How is that possible? He's so absolutely perfect.
At least I sure as heck think so.

I always forget how much I love to read until I pick up a book or my kindle and then plan my days for how I can get even a few minutes to read. Currently I'm reading a book I've already read..but it was long ago and I can't remember it! Yay!

That's it for now! Relaxing for a bit longer with the little man..then heading back down to Indy to the hospital. Have a great day!

No comments: