Sunday, May 15, 2011

Growing up.

Is hard to do.

That's what I'm learning.

This week Nana had surgery to replace her knee. It was last replaced 34 years ago, so it had kinda worn out its welcome. She is a TROOPER. It's been a tough go and it's hard watching her feel so badly. It's also been hard watching my family be sad and scared. It's tough being a nurse and watching your family member struggle, and having to be in the family role not the nurse role. Rough. Especially rough for my sweet mom. I was so thankful I was able to be there during surgery, and for the past few days..but leaving Saturday was NOT fun.

But being away from Brad for that long was NOT fun either.

I had a breakdown Friday night while talking to Brad and then again while talking to Dad..it's weird feeling like home is two different places. If Brad had been able to be with me up in Indiana...I would have stayed until Nana was home and walking well just to be sure everything was ok. But he couldn't...and our home is in Austin. And we love it...but oh my goodness it's hard to be away from your family when there are things happening.

Boo for being away from people you love. It's part of being an adult. I get it. I think our God is stretching me and growing me. I'm so very thankful for that.

On a happier note..our big sweet boy is 3 months old today! Oh my goodness I can't believe it! We told pictures..but I'll post more tomorrow..because I think I'm going to take a few in the morning to see if I can catch more of a smile. He's so smiley in the mornings.

We took some pictures tonight though. Here we are...


Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

LauraSuz said...

Rachael - all these recent posts I feel like I could comment and say I know exactly, I mean EXACTLY, what you mean!

Your little man is so cute!!