Monday, May 23, 2011

Lesson.

I've learned some things about myself in the last week. I have been down..a little moody, a little grumpy, very sad that I'm not home with my family while Nana has been in the hospital. A little bitter. Basically..if it's not a nice emotion I've probably been there. Not to say we haven't had some nice emotions this past week...Brad took me on a date just the two of us last Monday - it was so sweet and perfect! Little man rolled over for the first time, giggled for the first time, and slept in his crib in his room for the first time. So it's been an awesome week too!

But this is what I learned. Remember when I talked (or complained really) about how I have all these roles to fill and I'm struggling with it. Yadayadayada. Well in our community group we are doing a study called "Gospel Transformation" and this week we discussed the fruits of the spirit.
Love
Joy
Peace
Patience
Kindness
Goodness
Faithfulness
Gentleness
Self Control

I can guarantee you..these fruits are not always visible..or even present in my life.

So at the end of the lesson there is a question..this week's question was:
What areas of your life are without joy? What are some reasons for this lack? How can the gospel speak to this area of your life.

Which got me to thinking...about those roles I talked about. Here's the roles I think I am in...
Wife
Mother
Daughter
Sister
Grand-daughter
Niece
Aunt
Friend
Nurse
Homemaker

Those are the main ones. There are smaller roles in the day to day..but you get the idea.

Know what's missing on that list?

Child of God.

How different would my life look if I spent my time living out that role to the best of my ability. I have a feeling that I would find such joy and freedom in finding my identity in Christ..that I would be able to remember that each and every single "role" he has me in is an opportunity to bring Him glory. I'm thinking maybe then I might be seeing those fruits of the spirit showing up in my life a little more.

Lesson Learned.

No comments: