Monday, April 22, 2013

1 Month!

 
Our sweet Abby girl turned one month old a week ago today! I've been meaning to write this for a week.  A little harder to stay on schedule but at least she had her picture taken on time. :)

She is a precious joy, and this time is going so stinking fast!
 
One month stats:

Weight: 9lb 10oz (60th Percentile)
Height: 23 inches (90th Percentile)

She's a petite little thing.  So cute and tiny.

As for development...she's doing awesome.  So far:

She smiles.  It's beautiful.  The absolute best thing.  I am so grateful...I think I had some postpartum blues for a few weeks. I think we've come out of it now...I for sure wouldn't call it depression...it was just I felt a little disconnected for awhile.  Abbs had some hard nights with lots of tears..so mama did too.  Then she smiled..and I realized we're doing great.  She and I have a bond just like Noah and I do.  I just needed to remember it.
 

Pretty strong head control

A good little napper
 
Quite the little cuddle bug...she and her mama have some SERIOUS cuddle sessions!
 
LOVES to be held laying on her tummy (almost a football hold) she can be crying crying...and almost as soon as I get her into that position she'll stop.  She also loves to lay on her tummy on my lap.  That settles her too.  Sometimes it traps us to the couch/bed, but totally worth it.
 

 

Goes to sleep better for daddy than mommy.  Unless I'm holding her.  Then it's me.  :)  But if we're talking laying her down and getting her to go to sleep..daddy has the golden touch.
 

She still is a grazer with eating. Getting better about it, but she eats quickly and feels like not nearly as much or as interested as Noah was.  Our doctor wasn't concerned at all..so me either.

Is SOO loved by her brother.  We have to watch him so closely because the boy can't get enough of his baby sis.  He's pretty agressive with his affection...I watch him closely but I hate to restrain that joy too much because I want for him to have joy with his sister.
 

 

 

Singing to sweet Abby. 
 

Has had 5-6 hour stretches the last few nights.  I'm loving it.  Whatever time her last night time feeding is she'll go for 5 or 6 hours, then from there it's back to every three.  But I'm feeling much more rested now just having that long stretch at night.
 
Now loves her swing and her bouncy seat.  I'm thankful for that.

Likes the sunshine..she'll cry and when we get outside she'll stop.  :)

Baths are super soothing for her.
 
Overall...she's amazing.  I love this whole newborn stage again...I feel like we're getting into our groove here now.  Brad and I are able to go to bed at the same time now, Noah is adjusting well, and Abbs is fitting right in.  Thankful for the blessing those three are to me!
 
Have a great week!

No comments: