Monday, April 1, 2013

Two Weeks In.

I'm in love with my little lady.  

Correction: WE (Me, Brad, and Noah) are in LOVE with our little lady.  

She's perfect. 

She's also so different from Noah, already, and I think that's amazing.

So far here's where we're at....

She LOVES to be held.  Noah did too, but he also was totally fine with not being held.  Abbs, on the other hand, has a bit of a strong opinion on being put down.  We're working on it..just so we can get some things done.  She will do a few minutes of tummy time here and there, occasionally she likes the swing, rarely she will sit in her little bouncy seat.  She very much loves the boppy...which is similar to her big brother.

She's a grazer.  That's the only way to describe her eating habits.  Noah came out of the womb ready to eat..and packed on the pounds immediately.  Sweet Abigail seems so little compared to Noah, I think she's just not gaining as fast.  But I'm pretty sure that's totally fine..it's just different than our little man.  She doesn't quite last as long between feedings..because she snacks more than she really eats.  She makes it a solid three hours between most feedings.  At night she has been doing a 4 hour stretch, followed by a 3 hour stretch.  I can handle that! :) 

She makes the most adorable little squeaks and grunts. I love it. 

Noah wants to hold her and love on her all the time.  This afternoon when he got up from his nap I let him watch Cinderella.  He wouldn't let me pick Abby up or take her with me because he wanted to hold her.  He kept saying "baby please, hold please" Then he wants to kiss her and hug her.  It's so precious.  I'm so thankful for his love for her.  We have to be really cautious obviously because the boy has no sense of how strong he is with her...but oh goodness.  It warms my heart.  

This picture..not the most flattering..but on this particular day Noah and I were sitting at the counter and he kept getting tearful and looking at Abby in the swinging and saying "Duey, Duey" Over and over.  He did not stop until I went to get her and brought her to sit with us at the counter.  Then his little world was ok.  :)  Couldn't translate that into a smile for the camera..but still! 

I never knew I could like pink so much.  I truly thought I could never get into the pink thing...but who can say no to a sweet little thing in pink.  Amazing.  

Being a mama of two will challenge my OCD tendencies.  Today I didn't get anything finished that I started.  I did a lot of halfway jobs.  I did not dig that...but I had an awesome time with the two babies..and so I'm just having to accept the fact that it's ok if some days we don't get everything done as I would like.  

I think I'll be be grateful for the two days a week Noah is in school so we on those days Abbs and I can attack the to-do list.  And by Abby and I ...I mean me..when she's sleeping.  :)

Today was our first day alone without daddy or Grammy.  I am so thankful for how today went.  I was so anxious about it.  Noah has been super hyper lately and a little crazy.  :)  Add that to a tired mama, and a newborn little lady...and it could have been a recipe for disaster.  But little man did awesome all day...even though we couldn't get out he obeyed me and he wasn't crazy. I know all days won't be like today..but today it was..and it was exactly what we needed! 

That's it for now.  Have a great week!






No comments: