Thursday, April 3, 2008

Surprise...Round 2!

Note: You may wonder how I have time to write three posts in one day. I really haven't sat around doing nothing all day, but Brad's at work, and I have the night off so I decided now or never before our crazy few weeks we have ahead. More about that later...

On to Saturday!!

Saturday morning started bright and early! Mom wanted to get up by 6am...that's 5 am my time. Whoa. I may have slept a little over, but by 6:30 I was up and ready! :) Impressive! Ran some errands, and then picked Nana up to head out to Roxanne's shower. Mom just beat us out there, then Nana and I walked in. Rox ran out to meet us when she realized it was me, and some tears were definitely let loose on both our parts. The shower was so much fun! I love weddings, and I love showers; I'm such a girl! It was great though! Ellen was of course there too, and Rose, and Brittany and Carly. Jan, who hosted the shower, did such a good job. I've known Jan, what feels like most my life, and she is just SO sweet! The dishes even matched the theme of Rox and Jake's wedding. The food was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! I wish I could describe it all..but I'll stick to just the strawberries!
Huge fresh strawberries
Cored out, and covered and I believe filled with cheesecake
Dipped in dark and white chocolate
Made to look like tuxes
It was like an entire meal in a bite..I can't even explain!
Some pictures from the shower...
After Roxanne's shower, Mom and I headed to a baby shower for an old family friend. Then back to Nana and Papa's. It's always so easy to relax at Nana & Papa's. Then, the girls called and said they were headed to Olive Garden for some dinner. Well, this girl LOVES Olive Garden so I jumped at the opportunity.

Spent some time catching up with Roxanne, Jake (who I had not seen since before our wedding), Brittany, Carly, Lora, and Lindsey. Lora and Lindsey I haven't spent much time with since high school, so it was great to see both of them and catch up with their lives. Brittany and Carly, I always look forward to a chance to catch up with those girls when I am in town! They both are so easy to just pick up where we left off and spend some time chatting! It's fun to see how the Lord has worked in all our lives to bring us where we are now! It was so great to see them both!
After dinner Rox, Jake, and I headed over to El's house to see her and Ryan and the rest of the Butera Clan. Always a good time! I hadn't seen Ryan since the wedding either, so that was fun! There is something special about being in Ellen's house, they have always made us feel welcome and like part of the family! One of the places I miss the most in Lafayette. El is in nursing school too, I love when we get to talk because I can totally feel what she is going through now!

From El's, I took Rox and Jake home and Rox filled me in on all the wedding details I hadn't been caught up on yet! It's going to be gorgeous. I seriously love details, and it was fun to get filled in. Their wedding is coming so close, and they have tons of new plans coming up in their lives, pray for them as they find out where life is headed in the next couple of weeks. Brad and I secretly are hoping that Roxanne gets placed in Houston for her dietetics internship next fall...we're also pulling for Ellen and Manders to get down here too. :) Basically we love Austin, and feel everyone else should too!

Came home late on Saturday, but Dad still woke up to say hi! I hadn't been able to see him yet, because he was in Evansville for a softball tournament. It was great to see Dad though, and it was my first time seeing Luke! Luke may join us down here this summer, I think that would be great!

And that was Saturday....next post will be Sunday, but I need a nap so I can get up and get some things done before work tomorrow night/tonight as it is 1am.

In Austin news...we close on Friday. As in 2 DAYS!!! Whoa! I am currently looking at a definitely unpacked apartment...lots to do! So exciting though!!

More updates soon...sorry for the play by play..but it was a great weekend! It's great to be back though, I missed Brad, and I missed our little apartment, and our friends here. I even slightly missed work. I'm sure that will change tonight. Have a great week!

5 comments:

LauraSuz said...

I'm so glad you came back! And I like the new style on the blog!!

The Ralston Family said...

I am so happy you got to go home and see your family, I know you were REALLY wanting to. YEA!

Grandma and Grandpa said...

It was so good to see you on your way back home. Today is the BIG DAY! Hope everything goes as smoothly as it already has. Thanks for taking time from your busy schedule to stop by. LOVE

Standeford Stories said...

Hey Rach, I love the new blog makeover! I had to learn some new tricks to keep up with the Jones myself!

Ryan and Jessica said...

We like the new blog makeover. Rach you are going to have me lessons on how to redesign the blog. (I just know how to type and publish) :)
It sounds like the closing went well which I'm sure is a big weight off your shoulders. Love to you both.