Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Update for Sarah

Alright, so I have been tagged two times in about a month, and I decided it was time to respond. Sarah asked for updates...but I’m out of pictures...so here is my update! Here you go sister.

What was I doing 10 years ago?
Oh goodness…I was 13 so I would have been in 7th grade getting ready for the summer and some sweet Twister softball!

5 things on my to do list:
1. Get packed so we can move into our house for real
2. Order our wedding photos
3. Book tickets home for Rox and Jake’s wedding
4. Email friends from college that I have been so terrible at keeping in touch with
5. Get the carpets at the house cleaned

5 snacks I enjoy: Goodness gracious how do I pick just 5?
1. MANGO
2. Colby-jack cracker cuts and wheat thins
3. Sonic Cherry-Limeades
4. Cinna-sticks from Papa John’s
5. Frozen grapes

5 things I would do if I were a Billionare:
1. I think it would be neat to open a clinic, to help those who don’t have insurance. I know these already exist…but I’d like to have one that would meet more than just the physical needs.
2. Adopt a special needs child
3. Take family trips with ALL our family
4. Save money for college education for the children (good idea sister Sarah)
5. Give the rest away

5 bad habits:
1. Not sharing my feelings…and then letting them all pour out at once to Brad…he just LOVES that trait
2. Picking my thumbs to bleeding when I’m nervous or very focused
3. Keeping in touch
4. Doubting the gifts Lord has given me
5. Hitting curbs, leaving laundry in the washer, setting 5 alarms so I don’t hit snooze


5 places I have lived:
1. Lafayette, IN – Nothing like it
2. Olivet Nazarene Univeristy
3. The Enclave – our apartment
4. The new house!! We haven’t lived there yet…but soon, so soon.
5. And I’m out…

5 jobs I've had:
1. Arni’s Pizza at Shadeland…DELICIOUS
2. Summer softball umpire and coach
3. Roly Poly Sandwiches
4. St. Elizabeth Medical Center – This was my absolute favorite job
5. Heart Hospital of Austin

I want to know more about (a nice way to say "you're tagged")
1. Laura D.
2. Rox
3. Rachel G.
4. Courtney G.
5. Jess S.
6. LUKE! This is my way of saying get your act in gear and update your blog. Now.

I'm 'It' and I was tagged by my dear friend Courtney G.

Here are my ten!

1. I pretty much think that being a nurse is exactly where I was called to be.

2. I have never been out of the country.

3. I think cream cheese is the solution to every food item possible. Mango, cream cheese and chicken quesadillas, Bagels, cream cheese, tomato, and bacon. Spoonfuls of cream cheese…that’s pretty much all there is to it. Truth be told…I feel the same way about bacon.

4. I have the worst voice ever, and I don’t even care. I will sing just as loud as the pretty voices.

5. I absolutely hate packing to move, and yet I have done so at least 8 times since the summer before my junior year of college.

6. I used to hate the beach…but now I’m addicted and can’t get enough.

7. I am obsessed with reading for pleasure, and read two books on our honeymoon…how cool are we?

8. I have the craziest dreams and I always remember them. I tell Brad and try as he might, he just doesn’t get it. It’s a nightly thing…last night I flew from Austin to Dallas to somewhere else with Blair and Brad...but we ended up flying over Las Vegas and I thought the lights were pretty but I felt bad for being there. I have no clue where it came from.

9. I love a challenge. I have constant competitions with myself in my brain…or with Brad. I usually lose…but I love it. I like the challenge of meeting new people, being in an unfamiliar and uncomfortable place, making myself reach out when I’m scared I like it, throwing the ball faster than Brad, being right about directions, lifting more than I should...all those kind of things.

10. I absolutely HATE working out. I get distracted and all ADD and I talk too much. I would rather play some soccer, softball, or ultimate frisbee than go to a gym. However, loving challenges like I do, I am determined make myself run with Brad now that we are moving to our house.

Sarah, I promise I'll take pictures tomorrow. PROMISE.

P.S. Someone didn't call tonight sister.



3 comments:

Standeford Stories said...

Your ten what? I'm confused about that part!

LauraSuz said...

I filled mine out!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.