Sunday, February 6, 2011

Let's not get too excited...yet

So..I'm trying to hard not to get too excited..but I really think baby boy dropped this week!!

I know this doesn't mean that labor has started or anything..but it means it could happen on it's own.

I'm so excited...but I'm trying so hard to remember that we could go to the doctor on Tuesday and he could say we still have nothing happening..and that if that happens that's totally ok.

But still..I mean all day I've been telling Brad..."I think he's coming I think he's coming" Brad has patiently cooperated and not made me feel silly..but I keep thinking maybe it's "mother's intuition." That's supposed to be real right? Maybe not. Either way I can't wait to meet him I'm just so excited I kinda can't think of anything else.

In other news..this is my 195th post. I think an appropriate 200th post would be Baby Boy's arrival..so I'm going to have to come up with 4 more posts between now and then. Silly obsessive tendencies.

Oh...here's a fun story. Remember when we bought our new dining chairs that we ADORE from West Elm? Well one of them started to chip and I was so sad about it. The paint was coming off and I am always worried that it will come all the way off. Brad and I had thought about how to fix it...but then I thought maybe I should just call West Elm and see if we could exchange it, because there was really no reason why it should have chipped. They had a manager call me back and he said he has a brand new one waiting on me to be exchanged!! YAY!! You rock West Elm. I will continue to bring you business because I'm kinda in love with you!

Also..I love watching The Nanny. It has reruns every night, it's pretty funny.

We're planning to get rid of cable..hopefully like tomorrow..but we have to make sure we have the phone/internet all figured out prior to shutting it all down. So I'll only enjoy The Nanny a few more nights.

I'm pretty excited about getting rid of cable. Growing up we only had one channel..TV18. I'm so thankful for that! I didn't want to sit and watch TV all the time..it was awesome. Now I find myself with it turned on just for noise...all the time. Well with our income dropping and us adding a family member we decided it was time to go free of cable. We'll see how that all goes but I'm excited.

In final baby news..we installed the car seat this weekend and I've been driving around all weekend thinking how next weekend we could have a little one in there. We went on a hospital tour on Saturday..that place is amazing. I love the hospital I work in..but it is not nearly as fancy as this place. I mean seriously..I've never been in such a fancy hospital. We're packing our bags tomorrow. We seriously need to. Brad's been telling me to do this for a week. I've been putting if off saying we have so much time. I think it's time.

Oh..and a final note...I have no idea how to be a patient in a hospital. A patient? I mean I'm a nurse. They told us on the tour that if we need something to call the nurse on her phone, instead of using the call light. WHAT? I feel like that's crazy to call the nurse...she'll be too busy to answer that. Weird. Thankfully..kinda..I know absolutely nothing about labor and delivery..so thank goodness I'll need all the help I can get and I'll have to get over my stupid irrational issues about being a patient.

That's it. I think you'll be hearing from me frequently in the next few days..need to get up to our 200th post.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

LauraSuz said...

I have to admit I didn't read all of that because I have to get off the computer BUT it is SOOO exciting! I've been thinking of you and wondering how things are going.

Jackie said...

Rach you crack me up! I love your excitement! I was even reading the post w/ your voice in my head and how you would sound if you were actually telling me about it. haha I think you were bouncing up and down while writing this.... just a guess! :)