Tuesday, February 1, 2011

T - 10 days.

Seriously.

We'll be 39 weeks on Friday.

Which means at some point...most likely in the next 10-14 days we will have a child.

An actual outside, in this world, breathing little man that the Lord made of both of us.

WHOA.

That being said...there is so much to do.

I have been so looking forward to this time. I thought my crazy organization obsession would be out of of control..and I was pumped for that.

But then I earned myself a huge ol' sinus infection - two weeks away from having a baby. So I have been less than productive.

Throw in a weekend of working..that was INCREDIBLY busy..and you have a girl who can't breathe, can't sleep, and functions like a zombie.

I'm feeling better today. So much so I woke up at 6:30 with Brad to start the day. So today has been much more productive. I'm so glad!

Only TWO more shifts at work. I work Thursday and Friday and then I'm officially done for three-ish months! Most likely to return somewhere around the second week of May.

Have I told you that it works out for me to only have to go back one day a week? This is AWESOME! I'll be honest...I never had a desire to stay at home all the time..I thought I would always want to work. But, as the time has come closer and closer..the idea of leaving our sweet boy at home while I work has been difficult to swallow. I mean when I work I'm gone from 5am until sometimes 8. That's a HUGE part of the day to be without our little son. Yet, I still LOVE my job. So I was kinda torn. Well..since our insurance for our little family is through me I had to keep working, but I wasn't so keen on the idea of working full time. That's a LOT of time away from Brad and Noah..especially while he's so very little! Well..when our hospital was purchased, the requirements for benefits for part time was that you work enough to pay for your premiums! SO..I can work one day a week, make enough for insurance, get to use my brain and heart for something I adore, AND be home the rest of the week with our little one! I'M SO EXCITED!!! Such a blessing!

We meet a pediatrician tonight. I'm really excited about that. Although I have no idea what kind of questions I'm supposed to want to ask him. Oh well..we'll figure that out.

The little man still hasn't dropped...despite being head down for what feels like forever..he is just LOVING it inside me. I'm hoping for some changes this week when we head to the doctor. I thought maybe all the craziness at work would encourage him to get into position..but I'm thinking not. He is definitely WAY up in my ribs. I feel bad for him because it is NOT a big space in there for him. I feel so huge and then I realize that I am pretty short..and he has to fit somewhere.

He's so big though my stomach is always lopsided. That's adorable. Seriously.

I think this week I'm going to have to go ahead and pack a bag, and we'll have to get the car seats installed. It might be time. :) I don't know!

My baby brother turned 22 last week. 22? Are you kidding?!?! We're so proud of him for graduating from Purdue a semester early..and we're excited for him as he starts out his adult life. We wish it could be in Austin. Think about it Luke! :) He's 22. Crazy.

That's it for now! Hope you had a great weekend! I can't believe all the crazy snow up there in the midwest...I'm a little jealous..but then I remember that this week would definitely NOT be the week to be snowed in for us.

It is cold though. 31 degrees and windy. I mean..that's cold for here. :) Have a great week!

1 comment:

Standeford Stories said...

We are getting ice...not snow! So excited for the call/text-is your doc going to induce at a certain point after 40 weeks if he hasn't decided to make his way before then?