Wednesday, February 9, 2011

So confused.

So we're two(ish) days away..and I don't know what to do with my time. I realize here in a few days we will wish we had more time...but currently...I'm going stir crazy. I think because today I was under house arrest this feels so much more so. Thank goodness I didn't have to be on bedrest over the last few months...because I would have gone stir crazy.

And thank goodness for Shauna getting me out of the house today. Even going from our house to their house (6 blocks away) was a field trip today. It's always so nice to have some girl time!

House arrest was self imposed by the way...there was ice on the roads today, and the story that follows this will explain why I placed myself under house arrest.

Anyways..so I keep telling Brad I'm not sure what to do with my time. I want to walk laps, run, do some squats..something...but that's just because I'm so excited to meet the little man. However, Grammy had a talk with him and told him he's not allowed to come early now because she can't be here until Tuesday. So I feel a little guilty doing anything to get him here sooner. Plus, Brad's parents can't come until this weekend either so we don't want to get things moving too quickly.

I've read, knitted, cleaned, vacuumed, organized, dusted, mopped. There really just isn't a whole lot left to do..plus anything that I do at this point will make a mess..that I'll have to clean up..and that will stress me out if we go into labor before the mess is cleaned. It's crazy. I'm crazy.

Oh well..it's wonderful to be able to relax. I really need to remember what a blessing that is. If I were working I would be exhausted, and instead I'm able to just relax and rest in preparation. Silly girl.

As for the self imposed house arrest. Due to the ice today...the roads were a little slippery. (Austin has like one truck to deal with ice - realistically I'm not sure if that's true but it does appear that way.) So Brad drove my car today because I didn't have far to go today, and he had some errands to run. Well he made it safely to work...but then was rear ended just before he pulled into his parking lot. YAY.

It's totally fixable, Brad's safe, and the car is drivable. We are so thankful for the Lord's protection there. We're bummed about our little car, but life will go on.

However..after that adventure I quickly decided that driving anywhere in our remaining car was just not necessary. So self-imposed house arrest. Tomorrow though..I am going to get out of here!

Anyways..that's about all we have for now! Have a great night!

1 comment:

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Hi, Sweetie ~ You are totally nesting!!! I don't know what there is about having a baby, but everyone I have ever talked to say they get REALLY ambitious before! I am glad you're not driving; you already know what WE have; I didn't get out of the house for a WEEK ~ and I LOVED IT!!! No grocery shopping, no Mc'D's, no nothing ~ just lazy! I figured if I DID go to the grocery - everything would be gone anyway (crazy people)! You are sooo in my thoughts. Take care of little Noah when he make his appearance! Love you guys, ♥