Friday, October 26, 2012

because i'm on a roll...

Clearly I need someone to talk to during the day because I feel like I am ready to have a conversation with my blog like every day.  I know these posts are more interesting to me than you...but like I said..gotta chat with someone.  :)  

So Leah, as I've been reading yours...a blog of confessions.  
Noah used to be able to transfer if he fell asleep in the car- PERFECTLY- into his crib.  He did this up until we moved here...or maybe a month or so afterwards.  So unfortunately now if he falls asleep in the car he thinks he's all done with naps for the day.  This particular mama isn't getting any sleep at night...I RELY on nap time.  Today.  He doesn't want to sleep.  But he's exhausted. I'm hoping to win the battle.

My kid is addicted to Curious George.  He gets to watch it on the ride back and forth between here and Lafayette, but I mean he's obsessed.  If he sees the ipad he starts calling for George.  If I tell him he gets to watch George..he starts giggling like he has just won the best prize of his life.  OH NO.
I'm baking my very first ever pumpkin pie from scratch currently.  The filling was about the consistency of milk.  Seriously.  If you remember back to our first Thanksgiving married and the absolute tragedy that was my pumpkin roll- you can imagine I'm a little apprehensive.  I followed the recipe exactly...I'm just worried I didn't have enough pumpkin puree (when I say from scratch I mean real pumpkin and homemade crust) 


I really nap every single day if I can when Noah naps.  I mean like I put him down, and go jump in our bed.  Ironically I cannot for the life of me sleep in that bed at night...but during the day it's my favorite place in the apartment.  Today, no nap...as I previously stated Noah doesn't want to nap, plus the baking of the pie.  Oh well.


I'm on a crochet kick, I miss you Amy Bean and your amazing knowledge of crocheting.  I'm currently working on trying to read crochet patterns so that I can work on some new ones as the babies keep on coming into our friends' lives.  I am super behind but working hard on trying to get them done.  I'm not convinced I will be able to read a pattern as the only pattern I know Amy taught me in the car.


Noah is going as a Lion for halloween.  Adorable. 


I give up.  I think he's not going to sleep.  Time to play with the little one. :) 



3 comments:

Leah said...

Ha ha, girl I totally identify with you. Oh and also, literally napevery single day when I was pregnant with Sam.

Anonymous said...

I'm a big napper too! Good luck with the pie!

themullinsfamily said...

Oh the pumpkin roll! Keep talking through your blog. I hear your voice reading it to me which is fun.. And maybe creepy, but I think it's fun :)