Tuesday, October 30, 2012

An update

I feel there may be two blog posts coming on.  And update..and then maybe one that actually talks about something a little deeper.  Having all sorts of thoughts tonight.  So first...an update.

Night two of bink-be-gone: Cutting the tip off the bink - a mix of failure and success.  Failure in that it took 5 hours (SERIOUSLY 5) for him to fall asleep.  The boy is crazy.  He giggles, plays, yells, cries a bit.  We go check in on him, but he just wouldn't give in.  However SUCCESS in that finally at almost 1230 he finally went down.  He woke up super happy and giggly..and wasn't at all upset about the bink.  

I'm a little concerned he's still going to want it.  But at least he finally gave in.  I figure he must know something is off with it taking 5 hours to fall asleep.  

Today is his first day of napping with the broken bink. He really was upset today.  He cried LOUDLY for a few minutes.  I went to check on him, and tucked him in again and he hasn't made a peep since.  Here's hoping it keeps getting better.  

He definitely doesn't even think about it when he doesn't see it so eventually I have faith it will work.  

In other news..I'm wondering if we're going about these transitions backwards.  Wondering if he really might be ready to potty train.  Last night he ran up to me right before bedtime, patted his diaper and said uh-oh.  I asked him if he wanted to potty and he said yes and went running in there.  Next thing I knew he went.  YAY Noah!  Today as I was using the ladies room he said peepee, and we went straight to his potty and he went again.  So I guess he's getting it.  He seems to prefer to do his real business on the potty...he doesn't seem to notice the tinkle in the diaper as much.  

We've been looking into daycare/preschools for little man.  
#1 it breaks my heart to think of being away from him for that many hours and him not being with his Auntie Kat (or Shauna, Cara, or Janielle.  that boy had some seriously awesome peeps in Austin) 
#2 it's hard to decide what is best for him.  We've narrowed it down to two options but Brad hasn't been able to see either one yet so we'll see.  
#3 I think he could really benefit from this atmosphere for a couple days each week.  The school I looked at today is a minimum of two days each week, but I think that could be so good for him.  He really doesn't have any interaction with other kiddos other than in the church nursery each week, and he misses his friends. Or I miss him having the opportunity to play with his friends. Plus I might have the opportunity for groceries/cleaning/errands if I'm only working one day a week.  That way our time can be more quality on the days he doesn't go.  
#4 I have so much respect for mama's who work full time.  Some of these things we're having to think of (hours of daycare, cost, if it's good for him, yada yada) we never ever had to worry about it in Austin.  How amazingly blessed we were.  Now, as we are going through all these searches I am frequently reminded how thankful I am for the last year and a half of Noah's life for him being loved on by our sweet friends, and that I have so much respect for parents who have already figured this all out.  It's tough.  
#5 We have to make a decision pretty quickly so I'm really hoping for some peace on this soon.  

That's about it for now.. have a great week!

No comments: