Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Oh insomnia.

2am. 

Wide awake..but feeling like maybe I could be starting to fade soon.

But hey, I have to say you can get a lot done in these hours when everyone else is asleep.  I just finished off a baby blanket.  Which is good because I have lots to make, and even more burp cloths to make so I have to get moving.

But the couch is getting old to sleep on.

When I was pregnant with Noah I couldn't sleep either, and we moved to the guest room.  However the guest room in this condo is a little too small for both the crib and the bed so our bed is in storage and I have taken up residence on the couch a few nights a week.  I miss my husband, who thankfully is a very gracious man and doesn't take offense to the fact that he wakes up many mornings with my side of the bed empty.  (Don't think I don't try- I'm stubborn..I keep trying to fall asleep in the bedroom but often end up on the couch) 

Oh well.  As I've been sitting here working on my blanket Duey has been kicking away which just makes me so happy.  The first hints of the precious bond I'll have with this little one.  Can't believe that we're halfway through on Thursday.  It feels like it's going so fast..and yet it feels like it will take forever.  I think that's just because of the not knowing if Duey is a boy or girl...I'm so excited for that moment to see what the fourth precious member of our family is.  But I'm also super excited that we're going to be surprised. So 20 weeks down..20 to go! YAY!!

I went out for my first social thing tonight with ladies.  I went with 4 other ladies who are at my table for the Mom2Mom ministry at the church we've been going to.  I had a great time.  It was nice to be with some ladies again.  I'm thankful that these women have been so welcoming to me.  Thankful!

Brad and I are going to make our first homemade pumpkin pie this week.  I'm pumped.  I've never made anything homemade in regards to pumpkin (as in I usually use the can) but at the pumpkin patch Brad was fascinated by the pie pumpkins and asked if I wanted to try to make one from scratch.  So I'm going all out..crust and all.  I'll post.  As previously noted, I'm not an excellent baker, or cook for that matter, so we'll see how this goes! :)  

That's about it for now...feel like my eyelids are getting heavy so I think it's time to give sleep a chance! 

Have a great week!

No comments: