Tuesday, August 9, 2011

So So So Excited!

We're going on a vacation. Mini. But it's a vacation!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Brad left for Colorado this morning, and Noah and I will be joining him there on Thursday.

I am seriously beyond words excited!

I'm most excited to have the opportunity to take our sweet boy out into the sunshine when we don't have to fear for his little health. Seriously. I feel like we have been caged in our apartment for the past few weeks. I think we hit like 50something days of weather over 100 degrees this year so far. There doesn't appear to be an end in sight. When Noah was first born we went on walks every day..until the doctor told me we better stop because of the smoke in the air. We took a week break then started again.

But this horrible heat..you know the kind where you literally drip sweat just walking to your car...I feel horrible making Noah go out in that. The only time of day it feels nice is like 9pm, and sweet boy is down for the count by that time.

Anyways..no reason to complain about the weather. This crazy summer will end soon and we will be back to the beautiful Austin weather we're used to...I just know it! Then our little man can be out all day if he wants enjoying that sunshine!

All that to say...I am beyond pumped! It's a short trip, we get back Sunday, but it's going to be awesome! Brad sent pictures today as he landed in Denver and I was so jealous that he's already there!

In other news...sweet Noah really seems to notice this time that his daddy isn't here. While it makes me sad for him..I also LOVE it that he knows and loves Brad so much. I'm not sure that's the situation, but I'm choosing to believe it. Our little guy did NOT want to go down for the night tonight. I think he knew Brad was missing because fussiness at bedtime is not in our norm. (Not sleeping for me at nap time - that's TOTALLY his norm though.) We can't wait to be back with him on Thursday.

Also. I don't cook when Brad's gone. I don't see the point. So today I had chick-fil-a for breakfast (justification: I felt that after getting up at 3:15 to take Brad to the airport, then getting back up at 6:30 chick-fil-a was a needed thing.) Then I basically skipped lunch, for a mid-afternoon snack/early-bird dinner I had a little quesadilla and a leftover taco. Then when I realized that probably wouldn't suffice for the whole night I had a peach, some soup, and leftover couscous.

And lots of water. That's right - I drank WATER! :)

But seriously. That's a random day.

Also. I am STARVING all the time. ALWAYS. For sweets. Last night I asked Brad to bring home eggs and ice cream. Eggs for brownies of course. Weird.

That's it. All I have for the night. Off to do some laundry and head to bed. Have a great week!


1 comment:

Roxanne said...

I've been starving too! I was just telling my boss that the other day...must be increased milk demands and more calories burnt! We just bought doughnuts and ice cream last night for my sweet tooth. Might be worse now than when I was pregnant. Ha